Monday, June 27, 2005

Weight Watchers

Ok, I have had ENOUGH of being over weight. I'm tired of doing "fad" diets only to have some success and then go on some kind of eating binge. I was able to take off over 30 pounds after Zachary was born and kept it off for 2 years. I stayed between 116 and 120 for those 2 years. I did this by eating low-fat, whole foods and exercised (step aerobics) 3-5 times a week. Then I was put on anti-depressants and gained 20 pounds in 2 weeks. It's been all downhill from there. My first crash diet was Atkins. Boy was it nice to eat full fat foods and lose 1-2 pounds A DAY. Of course it got rather disgusting rather quickly. I've been on and off dieting ever since. I now have over 50 pounds to lose...blech!

So, as of today, I am starting WW. I'm using the online program instead of attending meetings. Since their eating plan is very similar to how I originally lost the weight, I feel pretty confident that this will work. Eating consistently throughout the day and eating reasonable portions are my biggest problems. Plus, just staying consistent "on plan" is a huge problem for me.

So wish me luck :)


The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2

0 comments: