Sunday, July 17, 2005

Happy Birthday to me :)

Well it happened, my birthday showed up anyway. Jason and I were able to spend an evening together at Opryland Hotel. We both left our cell phones so after we were seated for dinner, I went looking for a payphone to call my mother and let her know exactly where we were and how she could get in touch with us if she needed us since she was watching the kids. When I came back to our table, I lifted up my napkin to put back in my lap when I noticed a jewelry box under the napkin. It took 16 years, but my dh was finally able to surprised me...lol. It's a beautiful double necklace with a cross embellished with crystals and then a single large crystal that hangs either above or next to the cross, all on a double platinum chain. The amazing thing is that it goes perfectly with Leigha's friendship bracelet :). I will post a picture of the necklace later.

My mother gave each child a card for them to sign and give me today. Each card had some money in it too (YAY!) so the kids really felt like they were doing something for me. Now, to actually use it on myself and not pay bills....this will be difficult.

So I have been very blessed this birthday, for sure. I was spoiled rotten, and loved it! I'm a very lucky gal :0)

0 comments: